Being paid to play

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by caparica007, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qarnage

Qarnage Guest

I'd say from an outside perspective getting paid to play is a dream job for basically any avid gamer out there. However, judging from the interviews I see with e-sports personalities I don't think being part of e-sports is as much of a dream job as people make it out to be. There is lots of stress involved, especially when you're on a losing streak, which can cause mental problems. I think the whole mental-problems part of e-sports has been overlooked for quite a while, which makes the industry less professional.

Getting paid by streaming games is however quite a fun thing to do I believe. You choose your own working times and there's no pressure at all. The problem with that is building up a fanbase though, which can be quite hard.

2. Peninha

Peninha Guest

Wow, that is awesome Robinho, are you still doing that and making $1000 per week?

3. DaFinalWord

DaFinalWord Guest

I presently assist in the testing of an Indie Game but that is for free. I get no pay. How I would love to get paid for it though, definitely a dream come true. I have not given up though, maybe here I can learn how to do that. Or if I learn it from elsewhere, I will share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.