Biggest Waste Of money

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by Baxate, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy11sn

indy11sn Guest

Most recently, I've wasted money on Sonic: Lost Worlds for the Wii U. The game was awful. The control scheme was just bad and awkward. To be honest, most Sonic games after Sonic Adventure 2: Battle have been awful. I think SA2:B was probably one of the best Sonic games, aside from the original Sega classics.

2. tinyfang

tinyfang Guest

"Aion Collector's Edition" and "Guildwars Nightfall" were my biggest wastes of money. I even pre-ordered the Aion CE game. When it came, I installed it the same day, logged in and had a total playing time of less than 4 hours. It was dreadful. Guildwars Nightfall was a wee bit better, but also very boring and lots of invisible walls. I spent about $90 between them.

3. Sefie

Sefie Guest

For me was the land of the dead game, fortunately I have always been careful with the games I bought and not spending a lot cash on a game unless I read good reviews of it. I had heard awful things about this game, but since the game was in the sale bin for a very small price, I decided to give it a try! Ah well, most of the things I read about the game were true,but I did play the game quite a lot and even enjoyed it!

This game has an awful rep it doesn't deserve. Some people are so harsh with their opinions! Glad I bought that game!

4. vegito12

vegito12 Guest

I remember playing Avatar the game, was not real enjoyable even though it had the right graphics and music for the game. Also there was Tomb Raider for the play station, graphics needed more improvement and controls the game would have been enjoyable. I did not think it was worth $55 dollars, if it was improved would have been worth it.

5. sidney

sidney Guest

When I was a kid, I was very amused with playing Pokemon on Game Boy color. But now as I look at my tapes, I realized that it was a waste of money because I'm not quite fond of the game like I used too. But maybe it's because I got older as compared to when I was a teen playing it.

6. Squigly

Squigly Guest

I bought time crisis and a TV pistol controller for over a hundred dollars :'(

Sure it was fun to play for a few hours, but there was zero replayability, since the enemies would always appear in the same spot. I could literally have played the game blindfolded and cleared it after a few runs. The controller has since been gathering dust, especially since it's not forward compatible with newer consoles and flatscreen TVs!

7. Robbinho14

Robbinho14 Guest

Well i have wasted too much money on League of legends. I have paid over $100 for skins that dont actually do anything. They are just there for the aesthetics. If i could take that money back i would have done it :(

8. xTinx

xTinx Guest

Now that I think about it, I recently mentioned about buying DVD installers for WOW. Unfortunately, the installation was a failure. I had no idea how to make it work. So it pretty much was a waste of money.

9. bleuuu

bleuuu Guest

For me my biggest waste of money on a game was Superman 64. I bought it on release day and paid 70 or 75 dollars for it. Worst game ever. I don't even think I played past the first or second level. I wish I still had that game though. It is probably worth some money now.

10. moaz13

moaz13 Guest

Aliens Colonial Marines :'( I deserved that for pre-ordering. Never again.

11. shreklock

shreklock Guest

Bad rats. Not a huge waste of money, but I still regret that.

12. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

my biggest bust was buying a Sega CD when it was on it's last leg. I should of known better but a friend of mine had one and I was intrigued with Mansion of Hidden Souls. So I went out and bought one. I bought a few more games, but the 32 bit wars was about to start.

13. jaray87

jaray87 Guest

I've played many games that have turned out to be duds. To pick the biggest waste of money is hard. But if I am forced to pick one, I would say is Rogue Warrior. Yeah, I bought into the hype - can't resist the Jason Bourne persona. But horrible gaming experience ever!

14. Servace

Servace Guest

Buy Call of Duty Ghost was a waste of money. I do not see how they can just copy a whole scene from their past games and try to fool their customers.

15. Flatlander

Flatlander Guest

I bought a game called Mission: Humanity for full price. Released in 2000, it looked more like something from 1995, and had absolutely nothing redeeming about it. Ugh.

16. DaFinalWord

DaFinalWord Guest

Oh boy did you hit a nerve. Midnight Club L.A.....I needed a minute to take a breathe and let the flashbacks pass. That was a wretched game. The steering was completely controlled and the engines sounded like lawn mowers. Oh how I hated that game. I can't recall the price I got it for but even 1 cent was too much. It sits in a drawer, unloved to this day.

17. MacLamac

MacLamac Guest

NHL 15 for xbox 360/PS3. Look at reviews on youtube. The game is literally a copy of NHL 14 with Patrice Bergeron pasted on the cover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.