First person or third person?

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by Mddimehdi, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mddimehdi

Mddimehdi Guest

I think for me, it depends on my mood and what quests I'm doing, etc. If I love my gear and costume, then I like to be able to see myself (and how cool I look), but for some things (like battles), of course I think it's better to be in 1st person.

2. I like to see myself and all of my surroundings. It helps me focus during battle and attacks, but if the game is scary I'd prefer not to see whats to the sides and behind me, until it's "too late". Atmosphere matters I think, especially in horror based games.

3. azrmacc

azrmacc Guest

Third person for me. I didn't grow up playing FPS games, rather it was MMORPGs, which is why I'm more used to this type of view. If it's not third person then it feels awkward for me.

4. danachka

danachka Guest

This really depends. I like it when you can switch whether you want first or third person. I usually like third person more, but I think it is fun to play around with first person as well.

5. pinkenvelope

pinkenvelope Guest

Both. Either. Depends on my mood. I really enjoy playing CS, and that is a FPS game. I also like Medal of Honor, and those zombie shooting games that seem to proliferate Android nowadays.

6. Sefie

Sefie Guest

I love FPS, specially when zombies are involved ;) But I have played some really nice games that were in third person and I loved them. For example American McGee's Alice! I love that game! It was in third person!

I personally have no preference, I can play both of them, but I must admit is easier for me to get scared while playing an horror game is it also happens to be a FPS. I can also panic and just run around in game as well when a zombie or a monster sneak behind or next to me, lol. I know it's just a game, but what I do feels like a reflex :p

7. samantha1990

samantha1990 Guest

I'd say, if there is an option, I generally prefer first-person. When I used to play Skyrim, I would always have my view on first-person. I loved to be able to see what my character was seeing, but it would have been a lot better if I could have increased the FOV :(

8. Henry

Henry Guest

I've always preferred third person games. I know most people like first person, but I really don't like staring at a pair of stiff arms in front of me while i'm playing. If it was up to me, I would make a third person version of all those COD type of games. I just know I would enjoy them a whole lot more.

9. Nero

Nero Guest

Third person is more fun tbh. Especially in an RPG type games.

10. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 Guest

Though both are great, I prefer third-person games. I like viewing the whole character. I believe it fits the gaming atmosphere well, at least for me.

11. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Guest

I prefer third person video games. It just looks cooler in my opinion. It makes for a more complete and interesting gaming experience. Though I do enjoy first person games from time to time. It's just a different perspective and they both bring something different to the table.

12. Zyni

Zyni Guest

Same. It feels weird for me too. I also do a lot of group content that requires me not to stand in stuff etc. It's much easier to see things like that from a third person view.

13. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Guest

If I can I will always play first person but some games its just no possible. Take FFXIV for example if you played fist person in that game you would be eating every AOE (area of effect) because its way too hard to see the ground in first person view. Myself I can play either way its not that big of a deal to me.

Greg

14. TheKid

TheKid Guest

I always prefer to play first person because I like to "live" myself into the game a lot, playing first person makes it feel more realistic, it makes it feel like I am actually my character and not a guy behind a monitor. I am also better at attacks while in first person, as is most I guess, it's just a lot easier to aim for a single target in first person.

15. Squigly

Squigly Guest

First person is a lot more immersive, allowing you to better experience the game as if it is happening to you right now. This is especially important in FPS/Horror genres. I found Resident Evil to be much less scary when it was in third person, as you feel more detached and aware that all the terrifying events are not happening to you.

Third person view would be better in MMORPGs and the like, as you get to enjoy a larger field of view of detailed environments.

16. hamz10

hamz10 Guest

I love the realistic and immersive feel of First Person as it's just more fun. My only third person exception would be Gears of War otherwise I like to stick with First Person even in skyrim and fallout!

17. KKrage

KKrage Guest

I don't mind both, I've played both types. I usually play third person more though, mainly because I like to see my stats/cloths/skins etc. First person, yes, you get to see your weapon, but it's kinda not as good because you don't get to see what YOU look like! First person is more realistic and more dramatic though.

18. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Guest

I tend to play games in first person, as I get more immersed in the game. Also, I don't like my character taking up a huge chunk of the screen, and I prefer seeing enemies better than seeing my armor/skins.

Of course, in games where third person is necessary (beat-em-ups like the Batman Arkham series or the Assassin's Creed series), I don't mind it at all.

19. Calcium

Calcium Guest

I used to be a huge fan of 3rd person shooters but recently I've gotten in to first person and I prefer them much more. I feel like I'm inside the game when I wear my headset and everything, immersion is the word I'm trying to apply here. It just feels so much more realistic.

20. shreklock

shreklock Guest

It depends on the game, in Skyrim I prefer first person too, but Assassin's Creed would be a different game and a whole new experience. I like that in Skyrim you can change your POV, that fits so many players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.