First person or third person?

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by Mddimehdi, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sefie

Sefie Guest

I like first person over third person most of the time, specially if the game isn't very scary! But scary games are much more scary in first person than in third person. I can definitely stand most psychological horror games in first person, but not so much the Survival Horror ones. Those are a little too much for me in first person! But I have managed to play and enjoy a few of them.

I still refer first person, one of my fav game genres is FPS! I love the ones with zombies ;) Not a very big fan of the war themed ones, shooting people, even in a video game isn't quite my thing.

2. mauricioq

mauricioq Guest

My preference depends on the game of course. For example, can you imagine playing GTA in first person mode, it would be way worse, or playing COD on third person, it would suck too.

3. Maxeem

Maxeem Guest

For me it's more as if I'm currently focused on what I'm doing or not, as some games I need to focus on.
    However, mood or what my friends are playing at the specific time also affect my decision; if my friends are playing CS:GO or TF2, even if I'm not 100% alert, I'll probably still join them and hope I don't suck :).
    Overall, I still enjoy playing both games. I just wish I had more time to do both :(.

4. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

3rd person for me. I never really got into FPS like CoD or Counterstrike as I was never really all that good at them nor was I really interested in playing them. Never played games like Skyrim either, so I kind of just gravitated towards 3rd person games most of the time. MMO game play is what interests me the most, so I just played those sort of games.

I would be interested in trying Destiny though, the FPS MMO. I've heard some pretty cool things about it and it's highly reviewed everywhere.

5. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Guest

Depends on the game. For shooters, I prefer 1st person. For MOBAs, I prefer 3rd person (Smite is really bad imo).

6. techbeast34

techbeast34 Guest

It depends. For a third person game, it must be implemented really well and actually work well. And the same goes for a first person game. But I prefer a first person view just because it is more immersive, and with VR headsets like the Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus, I think first person will start becoming a lot more common.

7. askani

askani Guest

I like first person better. I grew up playing first person shooters so I may be a bit biased from that fact alone, but I really just enjoy it more. I don't think one is better than the other per se. It depends on the game though really. As a few others stated the game makes the difference. I would much rather play GTA the way it is rather than first person because part of the game is getting to change your character up and personalize him to make it your own. If the game doesn't have features like that then I would rather play first person.

8. DaFinalWord

DaFinalWord Guest

Hello everyone. I prefer the 3rd person perspective, but the ability to switch between the two is an added plus in my book. I recently started playing the new Tomb Raider and I feel the rush more when Lara swings down a zip line or takes shelter behind cover. I get more into the mindset of The Witcher when I see him swagger through a dark forest. Watching my character's body moments on Assassin's Creed as I leap from roof tops and lay waste to my foes is exhilarating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.