Have you ever been hacked?

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by Mddimehdi, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. askani

askani Guest

Hacking is forcefully breaking into a system with proper computer skill and software. You haven't been hacked if someone gets your passwords for websites or games you use. That is phishing. These are two different things. I hate seeing people on social media talking about how they got hacked when what they really did was click a banner ad and allow permissions to post to be granted to a third party. Hackers don't want your Facebook account to play candy crush. Hackers are a bit more subtle and more ambitious than that.

2. caparica007

caparica007 Guest

My FB account was hacked while playing poker, my chips were stolen, but luckily I received them back, a headache though.

3. techbeast34

techbeast34 Guest

Yeah, Runescape, back in 2004. I had an account that I just created, and not that much stuff on it, and I don't know if I pissed someone off or something, but one day I just couldn't log on. I never got the account back.

4. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Guest

I've also been hacked. I was hacked on an RSPS (sad), and I lost all of my bank. Fortunately, I didn't have a *huge* bank so my bank was pretty much worthless for IRL cash.

5. caparica007

caparica007 Guest

Those games can't have a big security to be hacked like that or is it something wrong we do?

6. Kleineganz

Kleineganz Guest

In my case, my password was too easy to crack, which was entirely my fault.

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Guest

Many of my game accounts have been hacked before due to their high value those were of course bad experiences.

8. caparica007

caparica007 Guest

So you feel that someone guessed your password, is that really hacking?

9. NickJ

NickJ Guest

Pretty much this ^. Password strength and not clicking on strange or suspicious links will keep you hack-free for pretty much everything. Yet there are people still using 12345, and "password" as their passwords for WoW. :-\

10. Calcium

Calcium Guest

I've been hacked twice in my 12 years of gaming, once on Runescape and the other on World of Warcraft. To this day I still don't know how they got my information as I ran scans after getting hacked and never found any infected files.

I was able to get my stuff back on WoW due to their insane customer support but obviously everything on Runescape was lost :(

11. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Guest

I have never been hacked, and I dearly hope that I never get hacked, it seems like a horrible thing and one that I would love to never have to deal with happening to me - that is why I emphasize my account security.

12. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Guest

I haven't been hacked, although I'm pretty secure with my gaming and other online accounts. I've never been a victim of a wider hacking, like the Sony hack a couple years ago, the Target hack, or even the Chase hack, and I'm a customer of that bank. I've had my own friends screw with my gaming accounts, but they never did anything terrible to me.

13. Robbinho14

Robbinho14 Guest

My gmail got breached multiple times. not sure how but no real damage has been done as i was very young when it happened and didnt really do any payments using my email. and google instantly blocked my account aswell because it was a suspicious ip adress.

14. Squigly

Squigly Guest

I got hacked back when I was a kid, logging into my Runescape account on a cybercafe. I lost a couple of discontinued rares, which probably could have sold for a few hundred dollars in real life. Valuable lesson learned: never login to any personal accounts on any computer that you don't own, you never know when there might be a keylogger!

15. Qarnage

Qarnage Guest

My Guild Wars 2 account was hacked recently and to this date I still have no idea how that happened. I was just playing the game when suddenly somebody from korea logged into my account and kicked me off it. the weird thing was that I set up an authenticator app, which he apparantly was able to bypass.

16. Peninha

Peninha Guest

Well said, we should not use passwords in public computers, more, don't click on strange exe files or even accept offers in "reliable" sites.

17. jurew2

jurew2 Guest

I've never been hacked, because I always look for the highest security for my accounts as possible. I know how people hack accounts so I can prevent that from happening to me. My friend got hacked once, on WoW, but it wasn't anything serious, he got all his stuff back and went on playing the way he did before he was hacked. I think that if you didn't spend a lot of time on the hacked account it doesn't matter if it's hacked or not, but if you spent a lot of time on it, then it has to be hell getting hacked by someone and losing your time like that.

18. DaFinalWord

DaFinalWord Guest

I have been hacked twice that I can really recall. I was hacked in the original Cabal. Now that really hurt, I had to work hard to get so much of my stuff back. Well at-least close to what I had before. Then I was hacked in S.U.N. aka Soul of the Ultimate Nation. I actually seen the hacker running pass me in my skin. Thank goodness he was too stupid to delete the friends list and I had 2 accounts and they were both logged as friends. I could track him and he didn't know. Needless to say I PKed my own character and sent him running offline. Then I reclaimed my account and items and changed my password.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.