What's your favorite memory tied to gaming?

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by GlacialDoom, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Guest

I remember being very young (about 3 or 4, about the age I started getting really into gaming) and my uncle handing me his Nokia 3310 every time he visited. He taught me how to play Space Impact (a sidescrolling shoot-em-up) and every secret "honey spot" where I wouldn't get hit by a boss. I have lots of other memories tied to gaming, mostly from that age.

I got a PC for Christmas when I was 3 after our old Rambo console (NES knockoff - even had Contra, Mario, Dr. Mario and other NES classics!) had broken. My parents saw that I was heartbroken and they decided to surprise me with an old IBM PC. For the next few years I remember playing Aladdin, Hercules, Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and some demos for Croc 3d and Outwars.

What is YOUR favorite memory tied to gaming?

2. Neophytez

Neophytez Guest

My favorite memory is playing Nintendo Entertaiment System (NES) with my older brother :) I always wanted to play with him, although he was always better. We've spent a lot of time playing Super Mario Bros 3. Sometimes I played Ice Hockey with my dad, also one of favorite memories :)

3. Definitely has to be playing Super Mario Bros with my mom and dad when it first came out. There was nothing like opening that last box Christmas morning and finding a brand new NES system. We played that game almost every night when my dad got home from work and it was lots of fun. My mom was actually the best at it which was surprising, but the whole memory is an example of good clean family fun.

4. techbeast34

techbeast34 Guest

It was Christmas day, and I was unwrapping presents. There was this one present that was especially hard to get open, it had multiple layers of wrapping paper, lots of tape, and the whole works. There was a huge box to a slow cooker, but it was too light for a slow cooker. My parents told me to keep on going. I opened that box up, there was a smaller box inside, one for a cheap knock-off console. I thought that'd been my present, but once I opened it up, I found a final box in wrapping paper. It was a Game Boy Color. It caught me so off guard that day.

5. azrmacc

azrmacc Guest

Meeting my husband.

We met in a game, we both happen to have the same quest (there was actually another person) and that's where we all started bonding. The other player wasn't always online though, so most of the time it would be us who would help each other with a quest. Coincidentally, he used to be from a really powerful guild in a different game, and core members of that guild happen to know who I am from another different game because I was pretty popular on that one, so we had something more in common (I didn't actually know those people at the time yet, but knowing we played a game together was enough). We were close and we trusted each other, I would often make him level my character while I was away, giving him my account info.

Anyways, when it was time to move on to another game, we both liked a particular one and decide to play together. His guild played as well so I was sucked into that. Obviously we got closer, until one day one of the members was joking around about how he likes me. We both shrug it off at first, but as the dude did it almost everyday, we were getting embarassed, eventually realising that maybe, we do like each other.

Well, yeah. If i put any more info it's gonna be so long but that's pretty much most of it :D

6. Qarnage

Qarnage Guest

That has to be playing Mario on the SNES (or NES, I don't even remember correctly) with my sister. We used to play the game every single day from morning until evening, unlocking every single thing that there is to find in the game. Even our parents would sometimes join us and be amazed at how good we were haha. At a certain point in time we played too much though, our TV stopped working because the nintendo was turned on for way too long. That's when we had to give up on it and we didn't get a new console until the PS2. We still laugh about it sometimes though, being addicted to games every since we were young.

7. soconfused

soconfused Guest

In my childhood I wasn't allowed to game for more than an hour each day. I was trying to finish Diablo 2 for more than a month, and trust me i was obsessed with this thing! I remember having a go at Diablo for 3 hours straight and dying no least than 3 times all cause of that ring of fire! but than i had my redemption and that feeling was absolutely sweeet!! *This place reeks of Evil! :p

8. Pokemon! Played it at home, school and even work.

Pokemon was the one game that all my friends, and I enjoyed. Well, to be fair; there was a lot of strategy involved in discussions with friends.

Because of that, we have deemed it to be a considerable moment in our lives where we all learnt to collaborate.

9. Robbinho14

Robbinho14 Guest

Playing pokemon on my old gameboy. That shit was so fun and i would sneak it upstairs so i could play it before i went to bad. Damn i felt like a badass back then haha.

10. sidney

sidney Guest

I remember playing in the arcade for the 1st time when I was 10 years old, and that was the start of my interest in gaming. I enjoyed playing Tekken, X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, X-Men: Children Of The Atom, Soul Calibur, etc.

I also played Pokemon when I was a teen, and I really enjoyed it back then. I also used a Game Boy. But now, the game seems so lame as compared to the modern games now especially the pc games.

11. xTinx

xTinx Guest

Well it was the first time my brothers and I went to an Internet cafe (we didn't have a PC when we were in elementary due to financial problems in the family. We basically didn't know what to do there so the attendant introduced us to the game currently being played by most kids: Star Craft. We got hooked until our studies got the better of us.

12. Peninha

Peninha Guest

I have memories of waking up my brother to turn on the computer haha, we shared bedroom... :D

13. JorjSimeonov

JorjSimeonov Guest

Most memorable has to be the first time I played through Silent Hill 2. I wasn't super young or anything, but it was such a mind blowing experience and the ending screwed with my head so hard that it is something I will never forget and I think many fans of horror games would agree.

14. Pirate_Jesus

Pirate_Jesus Guest

Every year on my birthday, I'd have my friends over and we'd play video games. It's evolved to drinking and gaming in recent years, but those are some of my favorite memories. Playing Smash Bros or Starfox Assault or even Tetris with my friends that I've known for years is always extremely enjoyable.

In that regard, I just love co-op with friends. It makes games a lot more fun.

15. shreklock

shreklock Guest

The first time I played a video game on a PC. It was some kind of penguin sliding on his belly and I had to collect stars. I don't even remember the name of the game, but it blew my mind that I could control something on a a screen.

16. hamz10

hamz10 Guest

Probably waking up and playing F-zero on my snes when it still worked! That game brings so many memories.

17. Maxeem

Maxeem Guest

Since I've been always more of a PC gamer than a console gamer, most of my memories come from the old pre-Big Bang and around the Big Bang moments of playing Maplestory.
    Despite it being extremely difficult to grind levels or do any bosses, it was still very fun as it was the peak of Maplestory and I was meeting a bunch of people online and we were having fun together (struggling, of course!).
    Sadly, it does not seem to feel up to par lately. It's pretty apparent that the old days of having lots of fun in Maplestory are gone :(.
    I play a lot of LoL and Steam Games now. But I'll always remember the nostalgic days of Pre-Big Bang Maplestory.

18. Nero

Nero Guest

When I played paper mario the thousand year old door. When I figured out how to play the game and how to use the ability to go turn the paper side ways.

19. bleuuu

bleuuu Guest

My favorite gaming memory is when we got our first computer, a 486 from Gateway 2000. I used to sit there and play the Sierra games, Kings Quest, Quest for Glory, Police Quest, Space Quest. So much fun!

20. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

Ah this is an easy one. It was the Christmas that my brother and I got a Nintendo Gamecube when it first came out. I was just at that age where I could appreciate better graphics/gameplay and couldn't be more stoked opening the Gamecube up for the first time. First game we ever got was "Luigi's Mansion" and my brother and I were absolutely floored by the graphics and how cool it looked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.