What's your favorite memory tied to gaming?

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by GlacialDoom, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Guest

My favorite memory is probably when I was on a plane ride with my sister and my parents both surprised us by revealing two brand new DS Lites that were kept hidden in some socks. It was really awesome as they gave me New Super Mario Bros. and my sister got Mario Kart for the DS. It is probably one of my favorite experiences as I was so psyched getting a DS and had a super fun time on that plane ride.

2. cards538

cards538 Guest

My favorite memory would definitely have to be playing Madden 2000 or Super Mario 64 on my grandparents' Nintendo 64. My parents did not let me have a gaming system until I was around ten years old, so I would always get really excited about being able to play video games and my grandparents' house.

3. My favorite memory is playing Super Mario Bros on the NES with my mom in our tiny apartment every single morning, it was fantastic. I used to love that game and it was great bonding time for her and I.

4. jaray87

jaray87 Guest

Best memory for me if completing Super Mario Bros for the first time. Yes, I used unlimited lives hack but boy was it satisfying saving the princess. I still play once in a while for nostalgia. I'm sure a lot of guys here in their mid-thirties (like me) would remember their first Super Mario Bros completion.

5. Flatlander

Flatlander Guest

In my youth, birthday trips to computer cafes were all the rage. I must've been 10 when I first did this with my friends, treating everyone to a couple of hours at our favorite gaming cafe near school.

We all participated in this giant Battlefield 1942 server that was set up by one of the users in the cafe, and had many of the cafe patrons playing too. All was fun and games for most of it, but there was this one time that my friends and I managed to be geographically close to each other on the map, and suddenly we were in the middle of a huge firefight, with tanks and jeeps shooting on both sides, planes screaming overhead, naval bombardment from the nearby coastline peppering our ranks. Being the birthday boy and of course wanting all attention on me, I turned to my mates, left and right, and yelled "CHAAAARGE!"

We did. Every single one of us, one unified mass of noob kids charging towards the enemy, shooting wildly and throwing grenades and firing those rocket launchers that had parabolic trajectories. Explosions and bullets and death everywhere. It was glorious.

6. Colebra

Colebra Guest

Playing Start Fox 64 at a friend's house.
    The dude couldn't go through one of the levels, I asked if I could give it a try, passed it, and he expelled me from his house :D

Another good one was when my dad was friends with a guy who rented arcades. The dude used to let me go there, and play for free. Crazy hours, and hours, and more hours of Street Fighter and Super Pang 8)

7. Robbinho14

Robbinho14 Guest

When i first started playing runescape back in them days. It was such a great feeling having an open world where i could compete with my friends and have tons of fun. It was really something unique as it was one of the first real games i played. I wish i could relive them.

8. GamerGirl

GamerGirl Guest

My sister quite likes games but she's terrible at them. I once talked her through Link's Awakening on the Gameboy from memory - fun times.

9. Peninha

Peninha Guest

I recall playing a game called lunar landing and the songs I was listening at the time, ah, great memories. 8)

10. jackslivi

jackslivi Guest

My favorite memory tied to gaming is when I was about 4. My parents were about to get a divorce and they would fight constantly. My brother and I would just start playing games just to keep us happy. It is kinda a sad story but that was the only way to keep us from breaking down. When they did finally get divorced, anytime we played it was on a super nintendo. Whenever we got sad from not seeing one or the other parent, we would just start gaming together. It is funny because as I got older, whenever a guy broke my heart, my brother would turn on his xbox and we would go crazy. I honestly think that is why my brother and I are so close. If it was not for gaming we probably would not be as close. Today to this day, being 2 hours away from eachother, we still get online and play games together.

11. moaz13

moaz13 Guest

My favourite memory is the mindblowing moments in 999 or Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, those are some games that are so smart at using gameplay to tell a story. Never going to forget that Sudoku puzzle in 999.

12. pinkenvelope

pinkenvelope Guest

We used to have a Family Computer. I really enjoyed playing games on it especially Mario Brothers because I got to play with my siblings. Though I was too young to be a really good gamer then, my siblings were patient enough to teach me. :)

13. DaFinalWord

DaFinalWord Guest

Well being a poorboy, I don't have any childhood memories of games. Kicking the tennis ball around the yard is as good as it got for me. Hoping that the day would pass faster. In my older years my best memory would be when my girl took an interest in the game I was playing for the first time and came and sat in my lap. The sleep in her eyes, my mind quickly shifted from the game but she had a genuine interest and I spent most of the night helping her to play. Where does the time go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.